Categories of hosting services
A hosting service implies keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's review them. In this way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to have a weblog, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given web hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between different packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a great number of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your emails. Some corporations offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to create a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a web site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At Keystone Web Hosting . com, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular web content only.